Blog Archive

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Putting the "8" on Nokia N8

Here are my top 8 apps that could help us students in our daily needs. These are not in chronological order they all have the same weight for me. =)




1. Social App
I believe that most of the students today use atleast one social networking site, and with this app it would enable you to access Facebook and Twitter very easily. The latest version also (which is the 1.3) would enable you to upload full resolutions of the pictures you want to share on Facebook and Twitter. My only criticism about it is that it doesn't support Asian language. You can download it here.

2. Quick Office
This app is very useful especially when you have a document or presentation that you need to edit or view. Personally I always use this app. In our school all of the lecture notes are placed on a power point presentation, that's why this app is very useful to me.



3. Situations

This app basically would enable you to set appropriate profile for your schedule every day. For example you want silent mode during class hours and general mode after it. You can set the time and day on when the silent mode would start and end. You can download it here. For more info about this app check Nokia Beta Labs.


4. Ovi Services (Store and Maps)
Ovi store is where you can get all of the great apps that you want and most of them are FREE! Downloading apps from Ovi store is effortless. You are automatically prompted with the recommended apps for your mobile, and when ever they have updates it would be shown on your account tab. Downloading is also done in the background so when you find a great app you can let it download and install automatically. There is also a recent update on Ovi Store it is now on version 2.12.042. You can check here for the update.

Ovi Maps is the best map (I think). I've said this because I live in a country where data plan is every expensive and very slow. Ovi Maps offers a free navigation. I've tested the Ovi Maps once when I went to Lipa City, Batangas. I know the easiest and shortest route and amazingly that is also the route that the Ovi Maps tells me to take. Also with the addition of Own Voice using Ovi Maps becomes more fun.


5. Mail and Web Browser

Using the native web browser on Nokia N8 is nice. It loads very fast and you can even watch Youtube videos using it. It also has flash so you can see everything. The rendering of letters are also very readable. The only problem with it is again it doesn't support Asian language. That's why sometimes I use Opera Mobile. Just to read those characters.




The built in mail app is very handy. I don't even use my laptop anymore for checking mails. I also uses this app to reply to my mails. There is also a widget for your home screen to update you from a new mail. You can also set up more than one email address. I really don't know how many but I'm sure its enough to accommodate our needs. Setting up the email is also very easy and fast.



6. Photo Editor

The Photo editor is very useful especially when you want to edit pictures before you share them on your Facebook and Twitter. You can easily access the Photo editor by clicking the "pen icon" that is shown after you have taken a picture, or access it trough options menu when you are viewing your photos on your gallery. You can crop, rotate, resize, tune, add effect just to name few of its features.


7. Nokia Big Screen
Nokia Big Screen is a much better way of viewing your photos, videos and music on your HD TV using the HDMI cable. With the Nokia Big Screen you can also control wirelessly using Bluetooth Keyboard or Wii remote. This is very useful when you want to share to your friends, family or colleague the pictures and videos that you have taken using the Nokia N8.

8. Games (From Ovi Store)
Those are the 4 apps that I'm always using. They are all FREE from Ovi Store. These games would entertain you when you have a free time. Playing using the Nokia N8 is very fun because of the speed of its processor and the screen resolution.

Those are the 8 apps that I highly recommend that you download. Actually there are more apps that I could recommend you download. You can check Nokia BetaLabs for awesome beta apps, like the Nokia Sleeping Screen and Nokia Bubbles. You can also download my app for latest tech news and reviews. Click here.

Going to take pictures using the Nokia N8 tomorrow and I would make a post just for it. Hope you would like my "creativity" if there is any.. =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

TOP PRODUCTS

Total Pageviews

PRODUCTS

Design by ROCKY| computer hardware by ROCKY